Every year, the Vietnam Veterans Chapter 1009 – Navarro Rifles present 3 scholarships: $1500 for 1st Place, $1000 for 2nd Place, and $500 for 3rd Place.
. The student must:
- Must be descendent of Veteran (your father, mother, grandmother, or
grandfather). Requires DD Form 214 of the Veteran with the Social Security
number blacked out.
- Must be resident of Navarro County or a descendent of a member of VVA
- Must submit minimum 500 word, double-spaced, original essay about the
Vietnam War with the completed application no later than April 12, 2022.
- Must have a letter of recommendation from two (2) teachers.
- Scholarship can only be used after one full semester has been completed with a
majority of passing grades at either a Technical School or College of Higher
- Scholarship will be paid directly to the school.
- You must be in good standing with that institution to be able to use the
The VVA will award the scholarship in April of 2022. One of last year’s winners was Robert Bennett (seen below with VVA Chapter 1009 President Dale Williams, a 2021 graduate of Corsicana High School.
Applications can be picked up from:
Vernon Strebeck, Chairman Scholarship Committee
Email : email@example.com
Dale Williams, VVA Chapter 1009 President
John Robinson, VVA Chapter 1009 Secretary/Treasurer