The Navarro County Commissioner’s Court received public comments from road repair issues to the announcement of the Riot Blockchain facility coming to the Pursley area.
Stuart Reid, resident of the Rustling Oaks Estates community, claimed the roads in the subdivision are in need of attention regarding potholes and further damages. He also mentioned the community needed fire and a police presence as well. A resident of the community for almost 17 years, Reid stated, “Mr. Moore has been working on our roads the last couple of weeks, but the main access road has potholes that haven’t been covered.”
Carla Steele, property owner in the Pursley area, spoke to the court regarding the bitcoin operation and how she believes the construction and operation will affect her ‘property and way of life’. “I know we can’t stop them from building on their land, because they purchased it, however sneakily they have came into our county.” Vocalizing concerns from neighbors, Steele stated, “I don’t know at this point what can be done to stop it, but I will do everything in my power to stop them.”
Approved in the meeting were:
• The burn ban status remained off, due to the nice rain from last week.
• A Proclamation to declare the month of June ‘Elder Abuse Awareness Month’ in Navarro County was signed by County Judge HM Davenport.
• The sale of fireworks for Memorial Day
• Chatfield Water Supply to cross NE CR 2190 in Precinct 2
• Financial Lease Agreement with Government Capital and Precinct 2 for the purchase of Motor Graders for Precinct 2
• The purchase of 2013 International 7500 Dump Truck and a 2013 Hamm HD 12 Roller from Providence Equipment for Precinct 2
• 1996 Mack Dump Truck as salvage for Precinct 2
• Utility Easement for Zayo on SE CR 3220, located in Precinct 2
• Final re-plats of The Plantation, Phase 2 for Cecilio and Eleuterio Ponce; Valley View Ranch Estates for Saul Puente & Maria Cerda; Hall Estates for Charles E Compton; TLH Country Estates for Valetina Diaz
• Acceptance of an Award letter for Federal Assistance for Texoma HIDTA in amount of $3,006,008.00
• Acceptance of Lease Agreement with Gateway II Investors, LTD
The meeting was livestreamed on The NavCo Chronicle Facebook page.